Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the deal, i have the D16A6 and want to convert it over to a D16Y8, new heads and everything. I am still new at building Hondas so i want to know what you think. Total Rebuild from ground up. It is also going to be turbocharged. My ending goal is to have 250+ horses. What kind of engine components would you buy if you had a 2000 dollar budget.

·
Registered
615 Posts
dont get a y8 get the z6 its alot more reliable and obd2 sucks. well if you can weld and fabricate 250 hp is no big deal but if you cant you might want to think again about the budget. you can get vitara pistons and fjt rod and then turbo and tune it. and bam your done

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet. Thanks for the help on both of my topics man. But the 2000 is just for the engine build. Turbo will come later on.

·
Registered
615 Posts
oh shit then you have a shit tone of money to spend. i still recomend the vitara pistons with fjt rods. they will handle more horses then you blocks sleeves and are cheap. other than that just freshen everything up like oil pump gaskets and what not

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well man it is just making sure that everything is ready for boost. I usually dont drive my cars hard, but it is fun every once in a while.

·
Registered
615 Posts
yeah search around you will find everything you need to make power. search the forced induction section and check out what every one else is have sucess with and compare it to your power goals

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
First make up your Mind on what engine to get. If you want to get the y8, go for it and just convert it to OBD1. But if you feel that maybe the z6 will work, then go for that one too. I'm not a Vtec Fan but I could tell you that with 2g's you can do some good things with it. The Main Question is, would you be doing most of the Work Yourself?? That can save you a whole lot of Cash:TU:
I would recomend doing a lot of reading.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts