Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Civic Hatch Zc
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought what dude claimed were 1988 crx si seats. They don't fit at all. The stance of the railings on the si seats are at wider. Don't really want to drill holes. I thought 88-89 bolted right up, am I doing something wrong??

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
welcome to my actual dilemma, which like you i found out the hard way: those seats won't fit in our 88s without fabrication of some sort. not even a seat pan swap will work. so, yeah *sighs*

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,897 Posts
From what I've found from all 3 of my past 88crx's have all had the wide 90-91 style rails..Id say do a seat pan swap but IIRC the 88's have an odd ball seat pan so it's a lil tricky

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
just to be clear: are you trying to fit crx seats into a hatch, or to another crx?

·
Registered
1989 Civic Hatch Zc
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love how what are supposed to be easy bolt ons, always turns into tricky mods.. but only with the cool stuff that people want. Come on Honda make it tricky to remove wipers not swap seats!!

·
Registered
1989 Civic Hatch Zc
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have u tried a seat pan swap and failed?? My si seats are super clean and don't want to mess with it if its already known not to work...

·
Registered
1989 Civic Hatch Zc
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm trying to fit 88 crx si seats into my 89 dx hatchback.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
ya CRX seats dont bolt into hatches.

you need to make custom brackets its not hard to do at all especially if u can weld.

i had an 88 CRX seat in my old 89 SI hatch.

with only a drill, some 1/4" flat bar, and washers/longer bolts you can make it work.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
can't see the pics, dan. :)

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Evo 8
65 Posts
This is news to me! I was about to pull seats out of a junkyard to use. Thank god for this thread! Hope you can make it work

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
danz, do you happen to have a close-up pic of the bracket that you fabbed?

·
Registered
1989 Civic Hatch Zc
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just an update.. I swapped the seat pans/rails from the stock 89 seats with the cushion from the 88 crx si.. didn't want to mess with the backsupport, so from what I can see the driver side back will line up with the passenger bottom.. couple of little mods and should be good..... SHOULD. hopefully I'm not going in circles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts