Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kinda torn between 2 Civics localy. A 89 Hatch and AWD Wagon.

I want to use my y7 in which ever car I buy.

I've looked around and noticed that a few places have OBD-0 _> OBD-1 Conversion harnesses. My question is, I guess I'd have to use that years harness on the y7 (along with distributor converter cable thing). There's no way to use the 93 Wiring harness without having to splice it in?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Always use the motor harness that came with the car and modify it to fit the new motor. You will have alot less problems.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Where are you getting this 93 harness from? And why are you converting to OBD1 when you're putting on an OBD2 engine? What ecu are you going to put in?

if I were you I would take the stock harness and convert it using the harness from your new engine or one off eBay or the junk yard. Trying to put in a new harness into an older car is a project that many have tried and few have succeeded with.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aiight. I was being lazy... it's easyer to pull the motor and wiring harness as 1 piece and put it in that way.

The 93 harness would be from my Del Sol. Which also has my y7 in it at the moment.

I'll be using a p06 ecu and guess I'll splurge and get the Ryewire conversion harness

1 - 5 of 5 Posts