Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i want to build a 88-89 CRX (hf perferably) and i wanted a ZC DOHC but its JDM and im in california now i was planing on rebuilding the ZC DOHC to handle a decent amount of boost (up to 1.5 bar or aprox 22 psi) and recently i have read about the 88-89 integra had a D16A1 which is a US lamer version of the ZC DOHC i was wondering would it just be easier and probably cheaper to get the D16A1 and build it up for the swap or should i stick with the ZC DOHC idea? also does any one know of any turbo kits for this(these) engines that are C.A.R.B. aproved so i dont have to worry about the fuzz giving me a ticket every time they pop my hood?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Well the d16a1 isn't a direct bolt in so you would have to fabricate mounts for it to fit But the zc is a direct bolt in and is going to look like it might actualy belong there...

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont understand if its the D16A1 is the USDM version of the ZC why are the mounts different?

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
ColdWindPhoenix said:
i dont understand if its the D16A1 is the USDM version of the ZC why are the mounts different?
because the d16a1 came in 1g integras. Similar chasis to the 1g crx (3rd gen civic)

ZC Blacktop is Civic (88-91) 4th gen

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so can i get a ZC to put in my car and use the ecu, cams and exaust manifold for a D16A1 in it for legal purposes?

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
ColdWindPhoenix said:
so can i get a ZC to put in my car and use the ecu, cams and exaust manifold for a D16A1 in it for legal purposes?

the ZC stuff is all better, but yes....i think so

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you know if i can swap out the 5th gear from the teg tranny so i have a taller 5th for some sort of decent milage but keep the ZC 1st-4th for speed? cuz i like the balenced axels but not the 4800rpm at 80 mph ya know?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey what can i upgrade to get my 1g integra up to zc speed or even better

·
Registered
371 Posts
jkupp2000, join us at g1teg.org and fyi there is a zc that came in the JDM 1gen teg. Looks identical to the D16A1 but has the honda on the exhaust side. There is a brown top and a black top zc for the teg/crx. Then there is the Black top civic zc and the two SOHC (1 Vtec).

·
Registered
371 Posts
The teg does not suck versus a zc, they bascially the same things minus cams. Which only accounts for like 12hp. I tossed the zc cams in my d16a1, the difference was minimal. I used to beat anything that wasn't a b16 or b18c1/5 with i/h/e.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Chaos325 said:
The teg does not suck versus a zc, they bascially the same things minus cams. Which only accounts for like 12hp. I tossed the zc cams in my d16a1, the difference was minimal. I used to beat anything that wasn't a b16 or b18c1/5 with i/h/e.
I'd put my zc civic up against your teg... I've looked at the intake manifold on those first gen tegs and they don't look like they flow better than the zc mani...
And 12hp can be alot when your teg weights more than my civic... only way a first gen teg is beating my civic is if it's boosted and even than I'd still try it since I have nos....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts