Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a source on replacement switches for an 88-89 CRX Si wiper switch? Discontinued from honda, found 3 parts numbers from the aftermarket AIRTEX 1S7168, CARQUEST 53-64853 and WELLS SW4727. But I cannot find anyone who actually sells them or has them in stock of course. Only problem with mine is the wiper control speeds are working intermittently.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
I know it sounds terrible but I have had really good success with taking Honda switches apart and cleaning the terminals inside that make contact. As a last case scenario its an option. Good luck on the search.

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it sounds terrible but I have had really good success with taking Honda switches apart and cleaning the terminals inside that make contact. As a last case scenario its an option. Good luck on the search.
I may see about doing that, Its a pain in the ass, but it beats a bunch of toggle switches on the dash.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,107 Posts
rockauto.com....and is this a "want to buy"? because, its in the wrong section

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice try on rockauto. They didn't have them the last several times i was on there.
But perhaps they don't call it a wiper switch or they don't put it in the electrical switches and relays section.

This was put in general tech because it is more than "i want this". It could also lead to discussion on parts that are worn out, discontinued and there may be those that have had success refurbishing them or finding an alternative part that can do the job. If that's not a good topic for discussing please feel free to lock the thread.

As far as eBay, I appreciate the link but that will likely need refurbishing as well and used parts like that are available locally for less and can be returned when defective.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts