Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot for the life of me find an exhaust for my car. is there an exhaust off of another car i would be able to work because I kno civics & tegs have quite a bit of interchangeable parts & shit...
ryte now I have a shitty d15b2 but i am swappin in an a6 in the spring & i would like to get a header & catback when I do the swap

·
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1
95 Del Sol Si
560 Posts
theres a bunch of stuff for ef crx's and hatchs, did you try ebay? many people have had success with ebay catbacks, oh and youll need an a6 header idk if the heads are the same im a D15 noob but youll have to get a header to fit your new head once its swapped.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive heard of people using crx exhausts & just having the b-pipes extended... i dont want anything over 2.5inches because ill lose back pressure & power... i wanna eventually boost & set about 10-15psi for a daily driver & keep all reliability...
my buddy has a friend who has his car tuned at 0-10 for one settiing 10-18 for another & 20-25 for all out racing or when he gets on it at the track & its his DD...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
300 for a custom exhaust... that more than i paid for the car lol. but i got lucky bc the car was family owned & im the 4th owner & its virgin nothin on the car has ever been modified or cut or hacked up or anything

·
Registered
119 Posts
paying 300 and having the exhaust built the way you want it is tons better than getting a crappy built catback off e-bay then having the chance it not fitting like it should

·
Registered
119 Posts
research exhaust setups, listen to vids ect ect do your hwk before u start putting together pipes, muffler ect ect. then u will have a general idea how it will sound.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
never had anybody point it out like that before lol
i just enjoy talkin bout my car & shit... its nothin spectacular but i kno its got plenty of potential

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yeah, you will end up paying 300+ if you decide to get an ebay system anyway, unless you can handle extreme :rice:. Take it from me, I know. Fitment of the ebay system was actually pretty good but..

$135 for full ebay 2.25. Header, dp, test pipe, mid, and muffler section.
Sounded like ass.
$50 for dynomax super turbo 2.25
$50 to have it welded up. Sounds good but still raspy.
$30 for cherry bomb then probably another...
$50 to have it welded in.
$315

If i had to do it over I would have removed the entire stock exhaust then installed the header and test pipe. Then drove it to the shop like that with the dynomax and cherry bomb beside me. Would have had a nicer fitting exhaust then stopped at the bar for a few :beer: and still saved money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts