Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 cx
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I;m working on a friends 87 CRX Si with a D16a1 swap with a PG7 ecu. Car has been converted to electronic advance by a local shop and ran fine for a few months. But now the problem we're running into is the car will idle but wont rev up at all. Cam and ignition timing is perfect. Engine has new ngk plugs, new plug wires, new dist cap, new rotor and new coil. Also has a new TPS. With the throttle body wide open the motor will rev up but very very slowly. Any ideas what could be the issue here. Thanks guys

·
Registered
92 cx
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any CELs? What's the state of the O2 sensor? Fuel filter? Ignitor?
The owner of the car diidnt have a o2 sensor and had the bung open so i threw a sensor i had layin around in. the ends been cut so its not hooked up. I've already told him he definitely needs a new one. Just trying to narrow this down to a single issue.

Ignitor I'm unsure of. The motor has spark on all 4 cylinders but it does seem weak. Havent checked the fuel filter yet and I'm about to go check the CEL at the moment

·
Registered
431 Posts
I would also hook up a fuel pressure gauge and check it while your trying to rev the motor. if you notice a substantial drop in pressure you could have a clogged fuel filter or a bad pump. it is acting like a fuel problem to me, unless your timing is way off, but then it would idle poorly aswell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts