Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend has an 87 crx si with the ew motor and he wants to turbo it...

i dont know anything about it, and i have been researching how to do it, it is odb0 i believe or pre obd one of the 2 if its pre obd then i dont think i can tune it..

the kit comes with an fmu and i dont like those but it seems like its our only option..

i dont know if any of you know anything about those cars or not i have been searching on red pepper racing but the 2 links it gives for the turbo setups on hmt doesnt show up anymore...

we gotta get charge piping but it comes with a manifold adapter plate and t3 turbo and fmic and fmu

im going to keep searching cuz im not no newb lol but if anyone has any help on how to set these up or tune them that would be great...

thankyou :)

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yea, were not looking into pushing more then 5-7 psi... i dont know the size of the turbo yet, but it does look pretty small...

im really only worried about the tuning part of it, i have put enough turbo cars together to get this one done...

guess i shoulda put it in engine management lol :)

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i tried talking him into going with the d16a1 or a dohc zc swap with a cg trans but he doesnt want to spend that much... his turbo kit cost him like 300 bucks for everything but charge piping so he decided to just go turbo...

i think a dohc zc swap with cg trans would be faster then a d15a3 turbo tho honestly but meh...

im gonna do it, but i dont like fmu's honestly

·
Registered
156 Posts
go to redpepeprracing.com One guy on there make addapter plates to use obd0 and obd1 dizzys on the EW motors then you can really tune it and not have to use the fmu

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
go to redpepeprracing.com One guy on there make addapter plates to use obd0 and obd1 dizzys on the EW motors then you can really tune it and not have to use the fmu
this is great information...

thankyou very much... if i can get it to atleast be obd0 i will be happier then just using a damn fmu honestly i dont trust that crap :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts