Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm assembling a beater for max MPG out of an 86 crx DX with an EW1 (D15A2) carbed motor. I've found a D15b1 motor out of an 89 HX and I was going to megasquirt it and use it. I know I'm going to have to switch out the fuel tank and run the extra Fuel line. What I don't know is will I be able to bolt it to my 86 5 speed tranny? I'm also getting the idea I'm going to have to relocate a motor mount but welding and fab work isn't a problem. Has anyone here put a post 88 motor in a pre 87 CRX before? This is my first post to this board so if I've missed some archived info that already covers this feel free to direct me to it. Thanks

·
Administrator
Honda
6,992 Posts
I'm assembling a beater for max MPG out of an 86 crx DX with an EW1 (D15A2) carbed motor. I've found a D15b1 motor out of an 89 HX and I was going to megasquirt it and use it. I know I'm going to have to switch out the fuel tank and run the extra Fuel line. What I don't know is will I be able to bolt it to my 86 5 speed tranny? I'm also getting the idea I'm going to have to relocate a motor mount but welding and fab work isn't a problem. Has anyone here put a post 88 motor in a pre 87 CRX before? This is my first post to this board so if I've missed some archived info that already covers this feel free to direct me to it. Thanks
Bolt patterns are different

1 - 2 of 2 Posts