Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 ej2
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so current coilovers in the rear are insanely stiff (not really sure why but I think their just made that way.) Their tanabe sustec pros. Anyways dont care and dont really care about coilovers its my daily blah blah blah.

Plan is to purchase 86-89 accord tokico blues and stick em on the rear (fronts are kyb's and tein s tech and I like them a lot.)

Problem is I have s tech springs that were meant for A DA..... I had heard the DA struts are taller in the rear so thought came to mind to get the accord Tokico. But my question is will I still have that 1.5 or whatever it is drop if the combo is Accord tokico blues, Tein S tech's meant for A DA, all on A 91 civic?

I tried searching for how tall OEM civic springs are but I couldnt find anything. Guess I could go to the junkyard and compare that height with the tein's I have for the DA. The DA tein springs are 13'' tall exactly.

Not going for performance or super low here...... Just want to drop the daily

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
unsprung spring height wont tell you a damn bit of information. there are lowering springs out there that are 4inches shorter than factory unsprung, yet only a 1" drop.

No idea on the strut question. OEM struts are good quality, and you can get strut topmounts that allow the strut rod to come up a couple inches more so you dont blast it rightaway with lowered car height

·
Registered
95 ej2
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK uninstalled height won't matter got ya. Damn I guess I'm in a bind then......

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
DA springs are a bit taller. I used DA springs on the Wagon to raise it a little.

I also ran the 89 Accord struts back in the day. I only ran the front ones, and used a Civic top hat. Let the car go a lot lower without bottoming out the shock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts