Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I did search and have searched for three days for these answers if they've already been answered before I do apologize. Now that the disclaimer is outta the way.

1.) I just purchased the teg and it has about 150k miles

My goal is a modest 160-200 hp just something to keep up with newer vehicles.

I see a ton of information on the black top but not the brown top head. How good is the brown top head and should I look into doing a zc dohc head swap? or are the heads similar and its not needed.

I am just wondering why everyone praises the bottom end of this engine but I hear bad things about it (maybe I am misreading post?). This will be a DD so I can't have it down for extended periods of time getting work done.

My budget for rebuild and turbo is roughly 2,000 dollars and that includes EVERYTHING. I don't want to dump entirely too much into an 87 yr car. I like it and want it to last me through college after that.....

So any advice I'm already a member (awaiting confirmation) at g1teg.org and have checked numerous links and information provided by ya'll and I do appreciate everyones help here.

BTW: any georgia people here wanna help me peice this thing together? lol

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
i know nothing about these brown tops but i will say that other d heads can take up to 300stock w/o problems so i would think this head would be the same, just make sure the valve seals are good and the clearences are correct. 2000bones will be enough to put together a home made setup, check the compression of the block and if all reads normal then you can go and boost, i would not boost more than 10psi and even with that a good tune is in order. 10psi should be enough for your goal

bump with alil knowledge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts