Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed ive always had a problem breaking the plastic adjuster for the fitv when using a screwdriver and a hammer. so i made a tool thats perfect and heres how you can make one too!

tools needed:

Grinder or some sort.
i used a bench grinder but a dremel or hack-saw could do it.

objects required:
thick putty knife that wont bend. i picked up one from lowes for under $8. you want to be 100% sure it wont bend or twist under load. here is the one i got and its hella strong. this particular blades handle is also solvent resistant so you wont have to worry about getting into auto fluids on it.

Shop Warner 1-1/4" Putty Knife Scraper at Lowes.com

you are going to want to cut it down to 1 inch wide. you only need to remove and inch for about 2 inches of the blade.

once cut down this will fit perfectly into the adjuster nut and deep into the housing. i painted mine with "rust reformer" to give it a nice flat black finish and prevent corrosion.

it should look like this when done.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
You got a beer koosie from Kia?

Reactions: spoonsol

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice Kcup machine. Ive always wanted one.
mom got as part of her christmas. its the best one they make. i think its like a b70 or something. i just know its the best lol. and get one...they make oatmeal/grits/hot cider like a boss. the coffee apparently comes out cheaper too.

You got a beer koosie from Kia?
yeah the rents picked up a 08 sorento back when it was new. thing kicks ass. the 4x4 system is great. only thing ive had to work on was the brake switch went out like a month ago.

x2

And you don't smash on it with a hammer and screwdriver OP, gentle taps will "break" it loose lol.
im american so i force it if it isnt working lol

WTF?! Dishwasher?
If my wife asks me to buy her a dishwashing machine, I'll slap the taste out her face y0!
ahahah this place didnt even come with one so thats technically not supposed to be there ;)

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,515 Posts
stubby screwdriver, just twist the plunger.

$1

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ive always had issues with mine getting stuck so thats why this was made

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,515 Posts
IIRC as well the little screws that hold the cover on are 7mm. I learned to do then blindly on car.

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
8mm. and i have yet to try it with the thing still on the car

·
Registered
1994 del Sol S
1,103 Posts
I used to adjust that thing in the dark...with it on the motor still. After the first 3 times, I didnt even need to see what I was doing...but yea, I just always used a flatheat screwdriver...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts