Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok... im using the d15z1 block with a y8 head and z6 metal headgasket.. the car runs awesome.. its smooth while accelerating but at 5psi it just doesnt feel as fast as my old motor d16z6/y8 head shaved 20 at 5 psi im using the t3 .42 .48 im tuned for 12 psi and anything after 12 i have boost cut enabled and im using dsm 440's

idk.. sometimes i think that 8:1 is too low it has power tho.. it feels good off the line.. not as much tq as a z6 but it still feels very nice..

idk.. just wandering if its because the low compression and how safe it would be at 12 psi..

thanks

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im sure 12 psi would be no problem at all... but with that low of compression.. isnt it a PIG when your not in boost?
thanks jimmy.. ive been putting together hondas and a few motors for 6 years.. but ive never dealt with a boost motor.. and my last motor was alright but it sputtered alot idk why i checked everything.. i just dont wanna blow it up...

its really not that bad not in boost... it feels like a bone stock d16a6 using my dx tranny lol... it accelerates smooth.. no jerks nothing like the last motor... off the line.. it doesnt have as much tq as the z6.. its raining and with the z6 it would spin off the line not even trying.. this motor just kinda takes off smoothly

but after a few more days of making sure everythings ok im gonna turn the boost up:alky: and see how she does

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.