Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any dso member has any 01-05 coupe with the hfp lip/aero kit and possible hfp wheels? hard to find pics of 7th gen coupes with the hfp kit

·
Registered
'91 Crx Si
399 Posts
The last gen of the REAL Civics'.....

I prefer the 2nd half of the 7th gen coupes, but the more I see these, esp with the factory lip kits, the more I like them.

·
Registered
EJ6
219 Posts
The last gen of the REAL Civics'.....

I prefer the 2nd half of the 7th gen coupes, but the more I see these, esp with the factory lip kits, the more I like them.
Gotta disagree here.. The 7th gen was way way bigger and heavier than the 6th and it lost that beautiful double wishbone suspension .

·
Registered
'91 Crx Si
399 Posts
Gotta disagree here.. The 7th gen was way way bigger and heavier than the 6th and it lost that beautiful double wishbone suspension .
Both generation coupes have 103" wheelbase.
7th gen EX coupes come in around 2550, 2000 model Ex coupes w/MT weigh in just over 2500, with the Si hitting 2600.

Way bigger and heavier huh?

Though the 8th gen on paper isn't that much bigger, it def looks chunkier than previous generations and the transgression from 7th to 8th gen is lost.
In the previous generations, you can see the obvious transgression.

·
Registered
EJ6
219 Posts
Yeah that's my perception...

I'm not familar with coupes but the comparable sedan trimmed like mine gained about 10% in weight. That's pretty significant for a small car.

I made my post in reflection of the statement "last of the real civics". That's the point I was really getting at. Civics were always to me a "wolf in sheep clothing". You could take your grandma's grocery getter and without a lot of money turn it into a well handling punchy car.

The 7th gen made it a lot more difficult. Plastic intake manifolds, integrated exhaust manifolds, neutered suspension and uncrackable ecus don't leave a lot of room for cheap budget performance. Sure there are work arounds now, but a 7th gen owner has to drop a lot more cash now (even now) to improve his Civic.

Maybe that's where I got that bloated way way bigger thing from...whatever...lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts