Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any V6 swap into 7th Gen civic?

Please comment:
1. Which motor or motor/head combination?
2. What ECU? Stock, aftermarket, programmable? Prefer coil-on-plug ignition, no distributor.
3. Tranny, 6-speed manual?
4. Turbo, N/A, NOS, any other mods?

If find other threads please post URL's, no matter if not 7th Gen civics.

·
My 91 Crx Hf
97 Civic Coupe
2,164 Posts
There are mounts to swap a J series v6 into EG/DC and EJ/EK platforms. I have no seen any in any 7th gen's atleast. Contact Hasport if you are serious, as they make the mounts for the 5/6th gen civics.

03-07 accord is the desirable v6 I believe for swapping (245hp 210ft lbs) and they're 6 speed tranny.
You would run the motors stock ecu unless you had k-pro or another tuning software.
Nitrous can be done with any car with tuning, idk about room on turbo/sc.

Hood would have to be cut or heavily tilted. Fuel pump upgrade required, etc..

Search around theres a ton of info out there on v6 civic's, you could pioneer the 7th gen possibly.

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
Unless you have a J engine on your lap, K20-K24 swap is a the way to go on a 7th gen civic.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
The better solution than a K swap is to get a Civic that doesnt suck dick.

Get an EG/EJ and swap whatever you want. Even a stupid ass K or J if you want to be super baller swaggin phresh. Or ride out on a turbo D or an H22 swap like a real man.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Why such hate for the J series? U guys scared of 300hp all motor which only requires a custom/racing exhaust(they dont even have headers) and an intake port?

Not to mention the j32a2 Frankenstein w/ MDX pistons and rods, 3.6 liters of displacement and a sexy torque/hp curve.

Oh and they're all beastly with a super charger.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Not hate for the J, just impractical in that chassis type.

·
Registered
96 ej8
651 Posts
Because a cut hood with the motor sticking out is so stupid, that should only be left to domestics with a blower or imports that have as turbo that metrics a whole

1 - 11 of 11 Posts