Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, im Trace and I'm new here. I have a D17A2 civic ex, i changed my piston rings about a year ago and it was my first time going into a Engine. I did take the risk of doing so because of money that i dont have. I changed the rings and yes,they were dealership rings. I didn't know the compression rings different from the oil rings and that they have special way to turn also. I dont really sea any signs of oil consumption, but i never know anything about break in process either until today I'm watching some video on YouTube and saw a D16 owner rebuilt his engine.. I dont think I have that peak power i had when i first bought the car. I'm thinking of get different rings put in and get it right this time. I dont mind open the engine again because i like doing it. Another question, the compression and the ring underneath it is the same size.?

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,475 Posts
they are different sizes and should be 1.0mm 1.2mm 2.0mm

the rings will not fit properly into the wrong grooves unless you are very determined..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. I have another question. My rpm stay up for a few seconds when i release the accel and it go up after up and down a little also..i replaced the idle air control valve with the dealer kind some months ago because i was having the same issue before but it was my brake booster that was bad and i changed it and did a relearn process and it was fine.it not bad now as before though but it dont seems normal to me. I will try make a video of it and try send it later.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How will i measure these? I feeler gauge can be use to check the correct thickness of the rings?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts