Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some months ago I install a new clutch kit (pressure plate, clutch disk, flywheel, pilot bearing, throwout bearing) and I am having some little problems.

F1 stage-3 from eBay (6-puck with spring, disk) (I know is cheap)

1. in hard shifting I have clutch slippage...
2. the other problem is that when I am starting to move from a complete stop (normal driving) and depressing the clutch pedal a little it feels to engage a little too down, then it engage at normal height.

I already adjust the free play, etc.

A friend told me that I need to change both, master and slave cylinders, and that this is "very common" when you change the clutch.

I am asking what you think could be the problem and what upgrades, if any, are available for the 7th gen civic, any aftermarket or maybe an RSX master and/or slave, or even an integra, etc?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Assuming your clutch lines are bled properly, no air bubbles etc., it sounds more like the clutch than the master/slave cylinder.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you bleed the lines when you installed it?
yes, new fluid and lines properly bleeded, free play adjusted, the problem doesn't start inmediatly, just after some months.

The thing that worry to me is that it feels to start to engage too soon when depressing the pedal.

There are other adjustment further than the free play?

·
Registered
509 Posts
a simply way of putting this , make sure its bled properly. and adjust the rod at the clutch pedal till the clutch grabs a TAD BIT LESS than halfway up from the floor.

·
Registered
509 Posts
i read it just fine thanks. i work on cars every day dont insult me for trying to help the man.

even simpler , look at the slave while someone pushes in the clutch. does it move an inch and stay moved an inch? than you need a new clutch. yes im aware its not old.

·
Registered
My EM2.
53 Posts
yes, new fluid and lines properly bleeded, free play adjusted, the problem doesn't start inmediatly, just after some months.

The thing that worry to me is that it feels to start to engage too soon when depressing the pedal.

There are other adjustment further than the free play?
On the clutch pedal.

Locknut (D) and pushrod (E).
Yeah, I'm still pretty sure you didn't read the thread.

·
Registered
509 Posts
yeah im pretty sure i read all 6 posts thanks!!!. jesus christ , some peoples children.

you guys are just spamming his thread with useless posts , while a mechanic is trying to help the guy. nice work boys. keep it up.

ive posted all you need to know to figure out your problem.

·
Registered
My EM2.
53 Posts
yeah im pretty sure i read all 6 posts thanks!!!. jesus christ , some peoples children.

you guys are just spamming his thread with useless posts , while a mechanic is trying to help the guy. nice work boys. keep it up.

ive posted all you need to know to figure out your problem.
Your first sentence is correct. You should have been a stain.

He has already bled the system and adjusted the pedal and did all that shit. You claim to be trying to help him yet you're repeating the same shit. Mr. Fucking Mechanic.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
even simpler , look at the slave while someone pushes in the clutch. does it move an inch and stay moved an inch? than you need a new clutch. yes im aware its not old.
can you explain a little more?
what I understood, is look @ the slave and check if it stay on the "position" while the pedal is pressed. If not what?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Your first sentence is correct. You should have been a stain.

He has already bled the system and adjusted the pedal and did all that shit. You claim to be trying to help him yet you're repeating the same shit. Mr. Fucking Mechanic.
if you dont understand why im repeating some things , than why bother explaining it to you.

have someone step on the clutch and hold it dude. while you look at the slave on the tranny. it will move an inch when the clutch is stepped on and should stay there till you let off the clutch. if your car is doing this fine , than you need a new clutch.

·
Registered
1966 Volvo
3,608 Posts
Mind the slave cylinder mounting tab, several folks have had them break on lighter clutches. Before I parted out the car I came up with a simple sleeve idea to save your ass if that mounting tab breaks. It might definitely prevent it from breaking, but at the very least if the tab breaks, it will get you out of a tight spot and get you to where you can replace it with a new one.

Basically all you need is some 1/4" steel plate and piece of pipe.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts