Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally decided to go with a straight a6 build for now with p29s .040 over.
My question is what headgasket can i use? Ideally i would go y8 oem but im afraid of the bore size being to large.
Please help, i dont want to have to worry about the headgasket failing.
Can i go oem? If not what is comprible?

Thanks in advance, search came up empty handed except for the cometic which i heard had issues.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my main issue is can i trust the cometic like i can trust the honda gasket? or can i get a honda gasket that will work?
need to hear from people with experience please!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
has anyone measured an OEM HG?

Might wanna do that before thinking about Cometic.

Be surprised at Honda forward thinking, maybe there is a reason there isn't a HG for 75mm, 75.25mm, and 75.5mm.........

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i believe i have read that the honda head gasket is 75.5 (y8) from the research i have done. but what can the 76.0 / 0.40 over guys do for a reputable head gasket?
help me out bone, what would u do?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
well im gonna bite the bullet and go with a 0.030 cometic headgasket that is made for my 76mm bore. called my buddy at honda and verified that there are no oversized head gaskets. figure its my best bet especially because im getting a acl bearing set and the gasket for 60.00. im gonna sell the bearings since i will be usinh oe honda bearings. i will prob start a build thread for anyone interested. thanks all

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
brand new HG = 76.16mm

another that came off a motor was 76.02mm after removing the carbon.

Maybe your research should include actual measuring.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
brand new HG = 76.16mm

another that came off a motor was 76.02mm after removing the carbon.

Maybe your research should include actual measuring.

pretty sure i read a post by you that said the honda headgasket was 75.5?
could be wrong though.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
likely I said ATLEAST 75.5.

At time of that post above, it was first time I took the time to measure my HG's openings.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sweet guess i will be hitting up honda, thanks for the tip. would there be any issues with it being so close to the bore considering they obviously leave quite a gap from the oe bore to the gasket?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah im having a hard time seeing honda offer a headgasket thats more than .040 over std bore. but im far from a expert.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i guess i will just have to check for myself. i cant believe all these different measurements on a oe honda gasket.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts