Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'99 Honda Civic Ex
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting Exospeed to sleeve my D16Y8 with Darton MID sleeves and I supplied some 75mm standard YCP Vitara pistons. I was wondering if I should have gone 75.5mm with the pistons. How much of a difference in power/torque would it be, if anybody knows? Would it make that much of a difference in liter size? Wanted to get this answered before they do the final bore, so I could resend them the larger pistons if needed. Thanks for any info possible.

·
Registered
1971 VW Super Beetle
1,107 Posts
it wont make a huge power/torque difference, only a slight compression difference and that the 75mm have a little bit of slap until the engine is warmed up.
Well with a resleeving I am sure the mid sleeves are undersized so they can be bored out to the initial 75mm piston size based on the pistons supplied. At least I would hope so.

·
Registered
'93 DX Hatch; FZ1
83 Posts
Displacement will increase by 1.3%.

Compression will increase by 1.3%.

·
Registered
'99 Honda Civic Ex
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well with a resleeving I am sure the mid sleeves are undersized so they can be bored out to the initial 75mm piston size based on the pistons supplied. At least I would hope so.
I beloved they come with a 74mm bore naturally, so you can custom bore it to your piston size.

·
Registered
'99 Honda Civic Ex
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Displacement will increase by 1.3%.

Compression will increase by 1.3%.

So displacement will roughly 1599cc × 1.013 = 1619cc
and compression will be 8.5-1 × .013 = .1105
8.5 - .11 = 8.39-1

My numbers may be wrong, correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
'99 Honda Civic Ex
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anybody have any HP numbers of the different sizes, maybe ran both sizes on same setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts