Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone runing a 75 Shot on stock fuel system. Basicaly I am running a 55 Shot no problems, running cooler plug's aswel. Im adicted and want more. If you have done any upgrade's to accomidate a 75 shot let me know.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
ZEX, 75 shot, not gonna happen.

Even with a Walbro fuel pump and B&M FPR, I wasn't happy.

I ended up going to Ford 30# injectors.

What kit are you using, wet or dry?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
nope, dry kit.

Wet kit you don't have to touch the factory fuel system, only to supply fuel to the NOS/Fuel solenoids.

W

·
0 Posts
I've ran Zex, N.O.S., TNT, & NX kits all on factory fuel systems. 75-85 shot is no problem, especially if you have a wet kit. With a dry kit I would suggest upgrading injectors, but not totally necessary. Just to be a little safer.

Make sure you always run 93, pull out a few degrees of timing, and run colder plugs.

I have had both wet and dry kits on my daily driver. Stock pump & injectors with 75-85 shot & a B&M regulator. Over 6 years and 120,000+ miles and still no major problems.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
a guy is running a ZEX kit around here with a 65 shot dry on his 96 DX Hatch (Y7). But it has the little computer deal that helps if the car starts to lean out

·
Registered
167 Posts
yeah i bought my zex kit used its the kind with the computer, only paid 200 assuming its a dry kit, Right?? any help would be appreciated
Sorry to gank the thread...just curious

·
Registered
397 Posts
i have a 55 dry shot zex and i want to go to a 75 but b/4 i do so ima put in a 65 and run that for a while..... start small and then move up slowley if ur motor wont hold a 55 shot then y would u put on a 75 test with smaller shots then go big!

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
b00stedSohc said:
hmm i want to throw a 55-65 shot on after i turbo my car.how much power would that add?
the nitrous is going to have a greater effect on a turbo car due to it cooling the charge. The New import tuner or i think that's it, I get too many mags lol has a 240 drift car where they added nitrous to help spool the turbo quicker. It has dyno graphs and write ups for diff shots. It was still having an effect even after the shot was over because it was cooling it off that much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts