Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a d16y7 block with a D16z6 head on it. I am currently running a 55 dry shot because i got a brand new zex dry kit for free from a friend. The only thing i did was get 2 step colder plugs and retard my timing 1 degree even tho it says you dont have it. i run 93 octane all the time. im wondering what i have to do to run a 75 shot safely? i wanna squeeze a little more ponies out my single cam. Is it possible running a 75 shot safely without breaking the block open and buying pistons and rods?

·
Registered
283 Posts
you will run lean if you run a dry shot, sell your kit and get a wet shot

·
Registered
78 Posts
You don't need to go out and buy another kit. Listen my .02 cents is anything over a 75 shot is when you NEED to use a wet kit, otherwise I would recommend with your setup to upgrade to 310's, walbro fuel pump, and make sure your plugs are okay after using the nitrous each time...

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
upgrading to 310s without tuning will make the car rich all around. you need to do some tuning with a wideband to get you A/Fs right on a dry setup with bigger injectors. soon i will be offering ECU nitrous control with added fuel maps and retarded ignition maps as a ECU chipping service. then you can get a wideband and do some fine tuning on where you want your nitrous to engage and richen/lean the fuel accordingly

Reactions: H2Bcivic

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
you can doit it pretty sure you allready have colder plugs we ran a 100 on a y7 y8 mini me we ran it on 100octane its still running now going boost but i'd recomend getting fuel solinoide and lines and wire it in

·
Registered
283 Posts
My car ran lean as shit with a dry 65 shot, thats with a 255 fuel pump,and fuel regulator. YOU WILL NEED FUEL weather it from switching to a wet kit or buying a tuning system and wireing the nitrous to work inline with it.

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
only reason im using a dry is because someone gave me a kit that has never been used and it has been lying around collecting dust for 6 months...so i said fuck it might as well put it to use. im thinkin about getting the nitrous express kit that comes with the bottle heater, purge, dump tube and the whole wet kit.....

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
I don't know why people use dry kits.
dry kits can be tuned by the ecu, when activated, i can program my engine management system to open the fuel injectors more. thus shortening the path that the fuel has to travel airborne. wet kits are not a bad idea, but dry kits can be used this way.

My car ran lean as shit with a dry 65 shot, thats with a 255 fuel pump,and fuel regulator. YOU WILL NEED FUEL weather it from switching to a wet kit or buying a tuning system and wireing the nitrous to work inline with it.
adding fuel the way i mentioned above would take care of your lean situation.

·
Registered
283 Posts
adding fuel the way i mentioned above would take care of your lean situation.
Yesterday 07:29 PM

I said my car ran, not runs lean. I fixed that problem 3 days after i came back from the dyno by buying injectors and wireing zex to s200, I have had my car tuned on gas like that for years, thats old news to me. The main problem with running your juice like that is not being able to tune each cylinder (nitrous/fuel) like you can with a direct port especially if you want to run larger shots, when all is said and done if you are 4 real about nitrous direct port is by far the best way to go. I wish i bought a wet kit so i could make it a direct port like 24-7 his crx is the bomb shit. I bought that zex dry kit when i was a no nothing stupid asshole. wait a minuet, I still am an stupid asshole

Reactions: singlecizam

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I would not reccomend any dry setup. The wet system is more reliable and tunable. A little more work to install it but worth it. What if your fpr were to fail when your finger is on the button??? You are sweeping up peices and throwing your motor in the trash.
Don

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.