Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a 93 ex and am planning on putting a greddy kit on it. and i have a new pro series 68mm tb layin around in my room and i just remembered it will fit on a d series engine...now if i get a new manifold would this be a good upgrade? if soo what I.M. is good for a turbo ap? any w/ carb numbers?

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
a bigger tb would certainly help free up some flow. you could throw on a skunk2 im, edelbrock im, or if you wanted to stay stock, then you can stick with the z6 im you have.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
too big a TB will cause torque loss due to volocity slow down. unless you have a built engine like mine, then your not goign to gain much, but you could most likley loose some.

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
oh crap, that says 68mm....why was i thinking 62?? yeah, 68 might give a little too much flow :)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn...lol thats what i thought.has anybody found any oem tb and aftermarket IM combo's that dont need porting to go together?like say an itr tb and a sk2 manifold

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
punx04 said:
damn...lol thats what i thought.has anybody found any oem tb and aftermarket IM combo's that dont need porting to go together?like say an itr tb and a sk2 manifold
Same here, skunk2 itm and an itr tb are a perfect match :fairies:

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a GSR TB I'd swap ya and $40 cash (payapl) I need a 68mm with my motor. my 62mm is too small.

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
I don't understand why people are always asking about bigger throttle bodies... How big are your charge pipes. If you have 2.5" charge pipes, the most you need to match your charge pipes is 60-61mm. If you go bigger, velocity will decrease and there will be increased turbulence.

I have a 60mm throttle body...

WRC Rally cars have a 30-36mm (i forget) inlet restrictor to flow 300whp worth of air... 60mm should therefor be enough to flow almost 3 time that much air if all thing were perfect...
I would look for power elsewhere unless you're pushing over 400whp...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts