Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am making a 400Hp+ D16z6 all motor .There goes lots of money.I have pipes from manifold 76 mm and i wanna put not 1 but 2 muffler at the end of the pipes but i have two 63mm enter muffler,is that problem for my goal ,or i can use them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

this is the muffler.I like them to be two like this

that's why i asked is two 63mm problem instead of one 76mm.I like how it looks and wanna be like this.Is that a problem for 400 hp.

I am buying Dartom MID Sleeves 77mm and 77mm Wesico 9:1 Pistons

and is this extra portet 38mm BOV small for me ?????

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am changing the manifold with top mounted because this is 40mm diameter pipes withe 2mm walls and people told me that is not good for over 300hp.

·
Registered
Civic EJ9
435 Posts
i'm thinking about the total diameter of 2 x 63 mm exhausts (126 mm in theory) So i dont think in this case it would cause any type of restriction. If it's built properly it would actually act like a single bigger exhaust. If you're not worried about the added weight, i don't see why you could'nt use them ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The extra weight is not a problem. The car is not for drag,it,s just for fun:))) and what do you think about the BOV . Is this small for 400 hp

·
Registered
59 Posts
You do realize that if you did.. In theory run 2x63mm pipes from the header or turbo back it would round off to just about 5" exhaust right.. That car would have no balls a.k.a torque at all.... off the line until like 6k, Your better off running those mufflers inline then anything else.. just my .02cent

·
Registered
Civic EJ9
435 Posts
I have no idea about the BOV.
I'm new in the boosted area, but as far as i've understood, when you're boosting, the less restriction in the exhaust (and back pressure), the better it will perform. It has nothing to do with the NA factors, since there, when you oversize the exhaust you have tq losses.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts