Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it looks like there's nothing on this site regarding the Crower 63444ZT camshaft.

The 63444ZT has a wider LSA than the 63441ZT. Both designed for turbo applications.

From what I've read:
tighter LSA = better top end gains at the cost of spool and low-end torque
wider LSA = better midrange gains and quicker spool

I have a .57 trim turbo, and I'm aiming for 300-350hp. (long-term end goal ~400hp)

My question is, I do feel my engine a little bit sluggish from 4-5500 rpm (vtech is set to engage at 4300 and turbo starts spooling around 5100rpm). Should I aim for the wider LSA rather than the tighter LSA so I can recover some spool time in the low end? Redline for both is 8500 so that's why I'm hesitating on getting the tighter over the wider... :wacko:

I do plan to upgrade pistons (I guess YCP Vitara, but there's some other suggestion of using Wiseco so I'll keep looking into that) and Eagle rods.

I currently have:
Golden Eagle Intake Manifold
Denso 750cc injectors
Tuned Ecu with Moates
.57 trim Trubo @9.6 psi
ram horn headers
stock fuel rail
walbro 255 fuel pump
stock oil pump
skunk2 alpha 70mm throttle body
stock internals with ACL (not race) bearings
OEM pistons
exedy stage 2 clutch

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
who tuned your setup?

should start boosting lower than 5100 rpm.

dont go by the gauge cluster, it is not accurate enough, especially under quick movement

either way, you state you are on OEM pistons.

bad move when shooting for north of 250whp

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
who tuned your setup?

should start boosting lower than 5100 rpm.

dont go by the gauge cluster, it is not accurate enough, especially under quick movement

either way, you state you are on OEM pistons.

bad move when shooting for north of 250whp
a guy that is the go-to tuner from my city. There are no dynos near by (closest one is like 3.5 hrs away).

I thought you couldn't control the spooling of the turbo with the tuning? I read somewhere that you could only improve it by upgrading parts (pistons, valves, camshaft, exhaust etc).

The readings are from the computer, not from the cluster gauges.

Oh and I'll be upgrading the pistons (and rods, bearings, valves, etc)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
reading from the ecu is good.

you can adjust the ignition timing to assist in earlier spool.

if he is a go-to tuner, Im sure he was simply shooting for reliability over big power numbers.

Once you have a better rotating assembly in place, it will then be time to crack down and get more life out of that turbo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts