Honda D Series Forum banner

600 hp d16!!!

40K views 120 replies 49 participants last post by  13g-crx 
#1 ·
Here's a quick dyno video of my D16Z6. Hope you guys enjoy and feel free to ask any questions. My responses may be a little late due to work but I will respond. Also feel free to subscribe to my youtube page and facebook page. Thanks for your support D-Series.org!

Keeping the SOHC alive!

#9 ·
Thanks for the support you guys. Sorry for the late response, got caught up at work.
Parts:
D16Z6 longblock
Bottom end
Sleeved
Arias 9:1 pistons 75.5 MM
Eagle rods (big bolt)
ACL race bearings

Head
Supertech Valve Springs
Web Level X Camshaft
Stock port
Stock valves
Skunk2 intake manifold
66 MM throttle body match ported
Rage Induction Products (RIP)
RIP 3 inch IC piping (cool side)
RIP 2 inch IC piping (hot side)
Tial Blowoff valve
XS engineering IC 3 inch inlet and outlet

Turbo
Comp T3 58/58
Dual Tial 38 mm wastegates
Rage Induction Products (RIP)
RIP top mount exhuast manfold
RIP Dump tubes hood exit
RIP 3 in mandrell bent exhuast down pipe
RIP Catch cans
RIP Fuel sump
2 Bosch fuel pumps
Bosch inline filter
Aeromotive FPR
Fuel Injector Clinic 2150cc injectors
Neptune Engine Management
FTW Racing fuel
Tuned by Kevin at Whitfield

Transmission
88 CRX Si
OBX LSD
Clutchmasters FX500 kit
Stock axles :/ (I know, I know)
Innovative mounts (solid reds)
RIP front transmission mount

I think that's it.

#10 ·
Me too, been waiting to test and tune but I'm cleaning up the engine bay and doing a couple more upgrades. Almost done. My best time at Irwindale is a 7.1 @ 104 mph on a GT2871R boosting 21 psi. Car was making 420 HP and 320 TQ at the time.

#25 ·
Thank you. You know, that's a good question. I was running with 420 HP and 320 TQ for quite awhile, just recently made this new HP. I think it will be fine, still coming off the line with the same HP and TQ just more power in 3rd and 4th gear. I think the transmission is going to explode first before the OBX LSD. Good ol 88 CRX Si Cable Transmission, got me my 10 second pass.

#27 ·
My wife just asked if 600hp was excessive...

I love her!

#36 ·
My thought exactly :)

I like the info on going with 3" IC piping.

I have a buddy who has a 750hp+ H22 w/ 2.5" IC piping, keeps telling me that my 3" IC piping is too much for my Twincharge D16.

#42 ·
Sweet build. Keep a close eye on your rockers. I take it this engine wont see a lot of street miles. If it does.
Yeah I know what ya mean I have had a bit of rocker pads getting worn done with my Delta 272-2 and comp cam springs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.