Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just need you guys' opinions...is a Garrett T3 60/63 to big for a stock y8, and if it's not...when could I expect full boost? Just need yes or no and when you think it'll hit full boost. Thanks guys...

J

·
0 Posts
Its not to big if you like turbo lag....you will spool it but dont expect full boost to about 4800. Someone I knew sold his set up with a 60/63 just because of extream lag.

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fuckin A...ok thanks man

·
Registered
784 Posts
What the fuck are you talking about? T3's=small. They come on stock 1.8-2.0L cars. It is not too big. You will get full boost of 10psi with a free flowing exhaust around 4000-4500rpm. Thats about 1000rpm faster than you will get with any other t3/t04e. If you want boost earlier you are going to need to go with something like a T25.

·
Premium Member
Civic turbo Hx/Ex
18,686 Posts
bigwig said:
What the fuck are you talking about? T3's=small. They come on stock 1.8-2.0L cars. It is not too big. You will get full boost of 10psi with a free flowing exhaust around 4000-4500rpm. Thats about 1000rpm faster than you will get with any other t3/t04e. If you want boost earlier you are going to need to go with something like a T25.
:TU: :TU: :TU:

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Young D-boy: Go right ahead dude

By the way, I found a good Garrett 42/48 and bought it. It was $170 shipped, but I think that was a damn good deal considering how clean this thing is. I also ordered a Stealthmode oil kit. In about a week or 2, Im ordering my mani and downpipe from CC-FAB. Here's the turbo I bought. It will be here by Friday according to UPS. Tell me what you guys think about it...

Oh and it's coming w/ an internal gate. He didn't use it though so it's not installed right now.

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey man, it was a good deal and Im sure this will supply me with what I want. Good spool time and holding it til redline. But what do you think about it? (the turbo, not my decision lol)

E

·
0 Posts
i love honda said:
hey man, it was a good deal and Im sure this will supply me with what I want. Good spool time and holding it til redline. But what do you think about it? (the turbo, not my decision lol)
are you I NEED BOOST on td16? Becuase if you arent your stealing his turbo lol

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's me man haha You're boosted_ek on there, right? I love your picture in your signature on there. I don't know why...it's just cool as shit lol

·
Registered
784 Posts
He can always swap the dinky .42 compressor side for the larger .60 compressor side if he needs more top end. Should be a direct swap.

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea that's what Im saying. I don't think I'll need to...but if I do. Easy swap.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for the replys so far guys. I got the new turbo in. It looks great. Here's a few more pics of it.

The guy I bought it from must have really cleaned the shit out of it b/c I can rub my fingers all around in the exhaust and I don't have any black on my fingers when I take them out. It doesn't even smell like exhaust in it anymore lol

Wastegate before...

What 20 minutes, brake cleaner, and some steele whool will do for you...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts