Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I chose to place this in this forum so it would get more attention...if you read the last paragraph or so in this article, Larry mentions he uses two trans, one of which is a 6-speed close-ratio trans from argentina. The motor to which such is attached is, of course, his d16a6. This article is from 1998.

http://www.theoldone.com/archive/too-ride-89-civic-si.htm

Anyone hear of this? I know several years ago, i was searching for a 6-speed option and came up with nothing...

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
hmm thats weird, there some odd stuff out there, never thought of a 6spd d-series tranny, i think there is one for the b-series though, came in the elise's with itr motors, if im not mistaken.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Its probably from the awd Wagon (and Sedan in Japan, etc) The awd models came with d16a6 and a 6 speed, the trans itself is pretty much the same as the Si trans, with a 6th gear that is added below first... on the shifter it was called 6LOW.

B

·
0 Posts
uh what about the AWD civic wagon isn't that one a Six-Speed (well five and a granny.)

·
Registered
224 Posts
It is a custom made tranny if you read into it more he states that he wishes he could talk them into mass producing them. It is not well known that alot of aftermarket parts are sourced form argentina.

P

·
0 Posts
i need a 6th gear.. sucks rolling at 3400 rpms @ 70 on the freeway

·
Registered
531 Posts
pure90rex said:
The engine doesn't seem comfortable at 3400 rpms? Seems okay to me.
I hear ya...i mean it's not the best for gas mileage but it could be worse! Great position to be in if you want to pass someone and don't feel like shifting.

Vince

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
transzex said:
old news, tranny never made it into his car, or even into his hands!!!!!1
"I have two gear boxes I run, both have Quaife limited slips. One is a close ratio 6 speed unit from Argentina"

I'm just curious why he speaks in the present tense when referencing his aquisition and use of this transmission...

B

·
0 Posts
What about all the Hot Rodding mag articles from 1960? Larry can and has done everything/anything.....just ask him...lol.

B

·
0 Posts
builthatch said:
i did. no response
Dood he is waaay to busy making 'Roller-wave' pistons ah-POLISHING SHELF JE's-choo...excuse me, damn alergies. Oh and making ultra-awesome supercharger 'systems' ah-NEVER GONNA HAPPEN-choo damn this sneezing I think I may be allergic to bull*#%t

B

·
0 Posts
Larry has built some cool stuff and is a very creative guy with some great engine theory. I just take what he has to say with a grain of salt as he likes to polish the truth a bit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts