Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 ex
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would it be bad to run a 6 puck unsprung clutch with the stock pressure plate?

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
I was actualy thinking of running my 2md with a oem pp that I have, let you know if I ever do

·
Registered
92 cx
934 Posts
I drive a ls/vtec with a 6 puck sprung and i would hate to drive it in heavy traffic like in chicago, but i stay in the burbs. A few shifts are fun, but the clutch likes throttle ALOT, I'd imagine the non sprung does too. Daily driver id personally get the kevlar clutch, they last a lifetime.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
I drive a ls/vtec with a 6 puck sprung and i would hate to drive it in heavy traffic like in chicago, but i stay in the burbs. A few shifts are fun, but the clutch likes throttle ALOT, I'd imagine the non sprung does too. Daily driver id personally get the kevlar clutch, they last a lifetime.
that doesnt answer his questions.... BUT

it will work, check to make sure the disc surface stays on the pp surface and isnt to big/small for the pp surface.. why not just buy a performance pp too?

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
I drove a LS/VTEC Civic with a 6-puck sprung clutch and stock flywheel/pp....and it was pretty difficult to drive smoothly. If you can bare it, it'll work just fine.

·
Registered
98 ex
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks! i was thinking about doing it because the clutch disc would be like 130 vs 350 for the kit

·
Registered
98 ex
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually now im looking a a 4 puck either sprung or unsprung. whats the difference between 6 and 4 pucks? drivability?

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
If you're boosted a stock pressure plate won't get you far, even with a 4 puck sandwiched in there. It just doesn't have the clamp force.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Pretty half assed if you ask me

I would rather have a mild organic clutch with a strong pressure plate for being nice and streetable.

An unsprung 6 puck is going to have the chattering and driveability issues except it wont even be that strong because you have a weak pressure plate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts