Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
in a rollover your neck gets crushed thanks to nice harness.

Want a nice harness, get a cage.
True that. It's also really bad for passengers without harnesses. They can hit their heads on the bar and die. That shit doesn't move at all.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
True that. It's also really bad for passengers without harnesses
canot happen! nobody take a ride with me without seatbelt, its also illegal and would cost me my license if i would allow that

in a rollover your neck gets crushed thanks to nice harness.

Want a nice harness, get a cage.
not really, how should this work? the harness hold me down.

iam talking about this setup

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I didn't mean seat belts, I meant you'll need at least harnesses for your rear seat passengers. That bar right there will really mess up anyone in the back seat if you wreck. General wisdom in the racing community around here is, if you have a bar, rollbar, or cage, you should not put passengers in your rear seat.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't mean seat belts, I meant you'll need at least harnesses for your rear seat passengers. That bar right there will really mess up anyone in the back seat if you wreck. General wisdom in the racing community around here is, if you have a bar, rollbar, or cage, you should not put passengers in your rear seat.
the problem is iam forced to use a harness

in my area is only 1 racetrack which allow you acces only with a 4point harness or better:dots:

iam llong enough into racing to know that stuff, but its my first sedan ever and my wife kill me if i gut out the rear section again :)

keep in mind ,that i only transport ppl in the back around 4 times in the year

General wisdom in the racing community around here is, if you have a bar, rollbar, or cage, you should not put passengers in your rear seat
NO problem with this^^ German law doesnt allow you to keep the rear seats if you have a harness(regular style) or cage--->we must remove the whole thing:3dtard:

a harnessbar enters here the game which allow me to keep the seats

·
Registered
735 Posts
IMHO i wouldnt get in your back seat. that bar would hurt my face if you hit the brake to hard. (even with my seatbelt on)

EDIT-getting in and out would be annoying enough...

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
canot happen! nobody take a ride with me without seatbelt, its also illegal and would cost me my license if i would allow that

not really, how should this work? the harness hold me down.

iam talking about this setup
Deathtrap!!!!!!!!!

When the car rolls, the nice seats and harness will hold you upright, roof WILL crush your spline. If you had stock belts, your body will roll away and you'll only get a stiff neck, this is with a helmet.

Harness bar is "OK" for autox only where the rollovers are mostly slow. Just light sheet metal damage and broken glass. At speed like on the street or track event, deathtrap.

If you like, look up Catch22, aka Scott Giles on www.rrax.com and see his opinion. He was on the ITAC (improved touring advisory committee) for the CRB of the SCCA.

·
Registered
EJ6
1,169 Posts
I would not be very willing to get in back of that car without harnesses on.

Eating a steel bar at 60mph is very low on my to-do list

1 - 13 of 13 Posts