Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 hatch
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well we just put in my 59300 and it feels like there is alot less power than the stock z6 cam. we adjusted the valves to .009 on the exhaust side and .007 on the intake side and still no power. it sounds feirce but im not moving. what else could be wrong??

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Timing , Tune,Tune,Tune

you probably are infact making alot less power than stock without putting it on a dyno and tuning the engine for a higher lift cam...or at least get a street tune on it...

I personally went from 90 whp to 134 with a few fuel and timing changes on 4 dyno pulls...GetRdun

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
well we just put in my 59300 and it feels like there is alot less power than the stock z6 cam. we adjusted the valves to .009 on the exhaust side and .007 on the intake side and still no power. it sounds feirce but im not moving. what else could be wrong??
you cant just put a cam with a higher lift in and expect huge gains.

you probably should also invest in an adjustable cam gear if you havent already also.

·
Registered
826 Posts
you definately just need to keep tuning it and run it on a dyno to see the best numbers you can put out

·
Registered
89 hatch
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you cant just put a cam with a higher lift in and expect huge gains.

you probably should also invest in an adjustable cam gear if you havent already also.
i didnt expect huge gains, just not negative gains. i bought a cam gear but i think they sent the wrong one becase it was way smaller than the stock one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts