Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
94 Coupe
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Well after less than 50k miles of use, my cam took a shit.

I pulled my cylinder head to have it rebuilt. Upon my disassembly, I found this major pitting on the exhaust lobe of cylinder 2. I am disappointed with my situation because I have checked my valve lash frequently and only used full synthetic oil. My redline was set at 7400 rpm.

The rocker pads show no signs of wear, so it has to be an imperfection in the lobe. The performance of the cam is fine, but the metal shows low quality with imperfections that you would not expect from Comp.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Same thing happened to my friends 595300 it sucks because i was planning on running the 59500 on my set-up but having second thoughts because of this

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
I have a 59300 on shelf with minimal use on it. Was thinking about rocking it.. maybe not now. Anybody else with similar issues?

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Ha, count me in also as someone who was seriously considering the 59300. What would you guys go with instead?

Going to go with bisi 3.6 last cam i want to try before leaving the car scene

·
Registered
94 Coupe
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This cam still made 146 whp on an NA D-series. I already have very close piston to valve clearance and I feel like changing my cam would bring those clearances to close for comfort and I don't want to pay to re-tune.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
^^

Sissy.

I would't support a company that had a shitty product just like Delta.

I would've called Colt or Web Cams, you might have saw some gains and had a more reliable product.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Honestly, sounds like anything OTHER than factory there is potential for failure.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Before jumping to conclusions, isn't there a possibility that this was caused by something other than poor manufacturing?
Isn't that jumping out of conclusion? With no basis?

And the rocker pads have no wear, Synthetic oil.

Honda OEM Filter

I double checked his lash adjustment too and they were perfect.

About Delta:

http://www.d-series.org/forums/engine-building/182209-delta-272-2-specs.html

http://www.d-series.org/forums/product-reviews/160778-delta-camshaft-review.html

1 - 20 of 37 Posts