Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i been looking and i am on my way to getting a bigger turbo so i can lay down mid 400whp i have a garet 50trim 82a/r now i been looking at 57trims with a 63a/r my ? is will this 57trim get me to mid 400whp on my built d16z6.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
yes it will also have a much more fun spool to it

althought iirc you can reach that witht the snail you have but would be laggy

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
wait what. 50 trim flows more than a 57? talkin about the exhuast ar?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so u guy's think the 50trim will get me mid 400whp with these other supporting mods in my motor?

bottomend:JE pistons, Eagle Rods, and all oem honda bearings
head:arp head studs, hot tanked and got an 5 angle valve job
also supertech valve springs and retainers only thing i am waiting to come in is my camshaft?

My tunner say;s i want make past 350whp with that turbo so i didnt no if i needed to go ahead and get the bigger turbo or not>

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so i guess i am gathering the 50trim is not going to get me 400 and the 57trim will barely make it :( should i go 60 trim to make that mid 400whp range also i should be able to rev pretty high so will that lag really matter that much if i am doing street pulls?

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
the idea is the get the quickest spooling turbo that meets your power goals efficiently.
its like buying a sc61 to go only 200 hp while another guy has a t3 with the same goals. who do you think is going to be the faster car?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts