Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any significant gains ? is it worth getting it ? i cant find any good thread on turbo cams ( yes i searched ) . Most were for NA . saw myblkvtec using 53900 with his setup . Any good cam to recommend for D16Z6 turbo ?

·
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme
3,203 Posts
what he meant to say is that the stock (VTEC, right??) is good till (I think) over 300 WHP. And I don't think you will realize enough of a gain to justify the $500 you'll spend on it.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Richie_A_19 said:
what he meant to say is that the stock (VTEC, right??) is good till (I think) over 300 WHP. And I don't think you will realize enough of a gain to justify the $500 you'll spend on it.
crower D-series cam cost between 250-350 buck!!!!
If you get 300hp with a stock cam, I can bet you that if you put a stage 2 cam(n/a or turbo cam) you will get at least 30-40 more hp with proper tuning(cam gear)......

·
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme
3,203 Posts
50 = springs and retainers cause you WILL have valve float with the stage 2... and I doubt 30-40..... have a dyno??

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
the 59300 is a good cam to run man. its not 40hp gain tho maybe about 10-20 with a good tune youll notice a diffrence but it is a good idea to upgrade valve terrain as well

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
NEP-tuningalltheway said:
the 59300 is a good cam to run man. its not 40hp gain tho maybe about 10-20 with a good tune youll notice a diffrence but it is a good idea to upgrade valve terrain as well
Switching from stock cam to stage 2 cam on a 20+psi engine will only yield 10-20 more hp......eh???????

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
valves will not float with a stage 2 cam my crx saw 7800rpm daily with a zex 59300 and the bearings went before it ever floated a valve.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts