1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
610 Posts
Post whoring today cause MODS are messing with my accessibility, KIND OF WEAK GUYS!!!!!!
I'm sure being a dick about it is going to change their minds...

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Burton- Great link. An injector is a simple device but it has to be executed properly to work as advertised. I am thinking by looking at the bodies of the injectors that they are old stock injectors.

I am probably going to roll the dice on them.

·
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1
95 Del Sol Si
560 Posts
Id say do it man i had great luck with mine, it was a much better option over DSM's and i believe these are like bosch/ford racing or something like that ive heard, mine run as if they were stock so cant get any better :)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I wonder what the spray pattern is like with such long bodies on the needle end. I'm not sure how I feel about this if they would atomize better or worse. Give them a try.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
they are old stock injectors.
a TON of companies do this. they take OEM injectors from the junk yards and refurbish them while increasing their size. tuner toys injectors are OEM honda bored to 440 (or whatever) but often those types of injectors arent very good at what they do.

also i would be worried about the tip being soo long and if the spray pattern was any good. but only time will tell.

personally, i would never risk my engine. injectors are a crucial part of the engine management team. things can get ugly real fast with a bad injector.

·
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1
95 Del Sol Si
560 Posts
I wonder what the spray pattern is like with such long bodies on the needle end. I'm not sure how I feel about this if they would atomize better or worse. Give them a try.
There working GREAT :bigok:

a TON of companies do this. they take OEM injectors from the junk yards and refurbish them while increasing their size. tuner toys injectors are OEM honda bored to 440 (or whatever) but often those types of injectors arent very good at what they do.

also i would be worried about the tip being soo long and if the spray pattern was any good. but only time will tell.

personally, i would never risk my engine. injectors are a crucial part of the engine management team. things can get ugly real fast with a bad injector.
these were originally 42lb injectors so no over boreing here, i believe there NOS but not sure, cars running great just like stock and before i used them i posted a thread on what everyone thought and many experienced members said that it would be fine to run them.

·
Registered
94 Civic Hatch
334 Posts

·
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1
95 Del Sol Si
560 Posts
hey i was interested in the 440's you say you have good luck with these?

link... 440cc Turbo Injectors 420A Eclipse Talon Neon RC DSM - eBay (item 220727433175 end time Feb-18-11 13:46:41 PST)

also i was wondering how they could be dsm type injectors yet be high impedance? im kinda confused about that
Ya except they didnt have the short cap style when i got mine so mine are the long ones in the pic i posted a few posts up, lol idfk why the say dsm high impedance but i know they are high impedance, there working great i would get them again.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
goto a junk yard and find a turbod dsm and get them.. they are like 40-50 bucks... get them flow tested and cleaned for another like 30-40 and youll still come out cheaper

·
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1
95 Del Sol Si
560 Posts
goto a junk yard and find a turbod dsm and get them.. they are like 40-50 bucks... get them flow tested and cleaned for another like 30-40 and youll still come out cheaper
the reason i ran them was to keep high impedance, and i noticed alot of other people do too.

·
Registered
94 Civic Hatch
334 Posts
yeah that'd be the only reason i would run them is to keep the high impedance. that way if i blow my motor up, when i throw my spare in i dont have to unwire a resistor box to run stock again

burton did you need to use different injector plugs ? or modify the wiring in anyway ?

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
un-wiring a resistor box takes 5 seconds and an extra wiring harness cut off a resistor box.

its so easy its not a valid reason to choose injectors.

now if u said u used high imp because they are better, i would understand. heh

·
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1
95 Del Sol Si
560 Posts
yeah that'd be the only reason i would run them is to keep the high impedance. that way if i blow my motor up, when i throw my spare in i dont have to unwire a resistor box to run stock again

burton did you need to use different injector plugs ? or modify the wiring in anyway ?
No they are directly plug and play, no wiring or plug adapters needed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts