Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a 99 civic hx coupe and its totally stock. My goal is to make the car just a little pepier and still maintain a reliable and comfortable ride for daily traffic. so that being said my upgrades this month will be either a rear disc swap or redo my drums as they are dragging and shot. My injectors are old to with 180k so ill be replaceing nr upgrading them as well. after that id like to uncork the motor wit a ex ebay header or a custom catback after a used ex header, intake and filter. my goal is to eventually run nitro like a 50 or 75 shot wet bottle. In the end ill get a crower cam regrind to a more agressive duration and get it tuned by redline tuning. any sugestions comments feel free update with pics when i can. evrything i can do to the car using other honda pistons or cams let me kno because id prefer to go cheaper where possible.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
You need to not beat around the push and just swap a z6 in there. The y5 is not a good engine and there isnt much aftermarket support. You mentioned a cam, I doubt anybody makes a cam for that engine.

Bolt ons arent going to do much either. Id be more inclined to swap in a z6 and do a mild turbo setup on the cheap. Its going to cost about the same as swapping a z6 and doing bolt-ons and a cam, only youll have much better results with boost.

·
Registered
92 Posts
vtec-e stuff is cool)

we have d15z6 here in europe. it has the same head casting as y8, similar IM, and long-rod 1.5L bottom end. buddy of mine bent valves in his one. so i did some work on his head. nothing special: mild porting and 0.02" milled. soon he gets full exhaust and hits the dyno. cant wait to see the results)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol yup economy. not offended at all theres always haters. plain and simple vtec e gives u the ability to have a very agressive cam tht a normal car including ex and si can not. look it up. got a zex wet nitrous kit now for the build, gonna do a compresion test this week just to be sure evrything is up to par. any thoughts on rear brakes for a quik daily driver brand new drums or rear disc thanks guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts