Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ieVDfnUKN9s?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I swear there is something so inherently cool about watching a turbo manifold get so hot that it glows red.
LoL agrees

·
Registered
1999 EJ8
1,188 Posts
Pretty sure I skeeted.

Sorry Dougie, but I'm gonna have to steal this and post it on FB. Just too cool to not share.

I need to get me some E98, would make my 15G even happier. :biggrin:

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
dang!

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pretty sure I skeeted.

Sorry Dougie, but I'm gonna have to steal this and post it on FB. Just too cool to not share.

I need to get me some E98, would make my 15G even happier. :biggrin:
haha same with me! I was like fuuuuuuuu once I heard a turbo surges :awais: lol

I wish I were cool enough to share this vid in fb but I don't have it anymore.

Yes indeed you do!

I like how the thermal expansion of the manifold makes the whole intercooler/charge pipes move
That's a lot of boost!
Haha yes I knoww that's pretty awesome.

I wonder what would happen when they turn up to 60psi? :innocent:

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
I like how the thermal expansion of the manifold makes the whole intercooler/charge pipes move
THIS^^^^

I saw that as well and was thinking how cool it was!!! I went from 6 to midnight

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Id also like to note:

50 psi...

NO BLOW OFF VALVE

According to everybody that makes blow off valves, even at 1/5 this amount of boost your turbo will explode from the dreaded compressor surge of doom. What a load of bullshit.

·
Registered
680 Posts
The turbos that I found that were capable of living through that sort of thing all have titanium bill it compressors and crazy bearing cartrages.

Just to handle that big of a pressure ratio. Not to mention the compressor surge

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Any turbo can "survive" compressor surge. Its completely harmless unless you let t surge continuously, like you see when spooling a turbo that has a compressor that is too large for how much the engine is flowing. 2 seconds of surge doesnt do anything except slow the compressor down.

·
Registered
'97 crv
1,467 Posts
Id also like to note:

50 psi...

NO BLOW OFF VALVE

According to everybody that makes blow off valves, even at 1/5 this amount of boost your turbo will explode from the dreaded compressor surge of doom. What a load of bullshit.
pretty sure i heard a BOV...... could be wrong ill go back and watch it again

·
Registered
680 Posts
Id also like to note:

50 psi...

NO BLOW OFF VALVE

i thought it was just the very rapid deceleration that stressed the shaft. but this does actually completely disproves that.

but still it takes some pretty impressive engineering to get high pressure ratio's out of a turbo.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Wonder what this went or was going into, I know of this car,

from the March 2011 Super Street, I will look at it when I get home. Sick vid either way.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts