Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Zex kit and was wondering if using 91octane gas would get me more Hp when runnning the nitrous? or would that just further prevent detonation?

·
No more Honda's :-(
3,223 Posts
run the highest octane you can. here we have 93. if you're gonna do it on 91 octane i'd say pull 1-2 deg timing and put in the 65 shot fuel jet. that's just to be safe, and check your plugs every run for the first bottle.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I run a 55 dry shot on 91 octane in my d15b. Its not going to give you more hp your acutaly going to get less gas milage but its going to prevent detonation. Leave the fuel jets the same for a 55 shot.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a Wet kit and i got it for free so i think its a 50 jet but im not sure so im going to order a new jet from Zex and swap it with the old one just to be sure. it would suck if it was a bigger jet then i thought it was and end up throwing a rod. im new to nitrous but from what u guys are saying some kits have 2 jets?? one for fuel and one for gas??? this kit only has one jet for the nitrous. or am i just missing parts?

·
Registered
194 Posts
1 jet for Fuel in your wet kit and one for nitrous. THe fuel on goes on the Zex box and the nitrous goes on the nozzle. And usualy the jet size will be on the jet itself in really small print. Make sure you look in the mnual for the correct size you need to run for 55 shot.

·
Registered
216 Posts
i just bought a dry kit when i was drunk i dont know why.. but i guess im gonna use it.. does anyone know what a saftey blow down tube and if the kits come with one? im lost

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
all i have is the bottle, box, and one steel braided line with a jet on the end. the box has 3 wires coming out which are red,black,and white. i know im missing the line that runs from the box to the bottle but what else am i missing?? also how can i figure out which jets to use if i don't have a manual??

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
jmar504 said:
i just bought a dry kit when i was drunk i dont know why.. but i guess im gonna use it.. does anyone know what a saftey blow down tube and if the kits come with one? im lost
its for the track and is mandatory if your using any sort of bottle warmer for over pressurization.
you should notice a type of pressure relief valve on the other side of your bottle fitting

1 - 13 of 13 Posts