Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Electric Impact Wrench - 1/2"

this one.

this thing is a beast - I've used it to blast (and blast is the right word here) 3" long lag bolts through 4x4's like they're not even there, and it zips lugnuts off so fast, the first time I used it I thought I'd broken something!

any bolt you can get to with this monster will be removed painlessly.

only drawback I've found is that it's huge and that means there are some bolts you just can't get to with it... it's also like 10lbs so kinda ungainly when you're at an awkward angle

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I have a coupon from a SS or another mag for like $37.99.

Seems legit, I might have to go get on Friday.

Thanks for throwing this up.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a coupon from a SS or another mag for like $37.99.

Seems legit, I might have to go get on Friday.

Thanks for throwing this up.
yeah, they're on sale this month I believe

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Yeah they have a bunch of year end sales coming too, I think they have a warehouse liquidation sale coming up next. Love that place for my measly budget, I have never had a too fail...yet.

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
I know I've seen coupons to get that for $35 or less, been meaning to grab one myself, hell of a lot easier than firing up the compressor and what not for small quick jobs

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
I got an electric Milwaukee 1/2" that's older than me that still works like a champ.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Crank pulley bolts are a breeze with this. I personally do not own one, But I have borrowed by buddies more than once, good tool.

Excuse me, his is not the HF brand....

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
They are LOUD and are too big to but in tight spaces, that's their only draw back. Brushes wear out too but that's no biggie

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
I haven't tried this HF one, but I have a craftsman that does it's job, doesn't remove stubborn crank pulley bolts. Though I've seen top of the line 1/2 air guns not budge problem crank pulley bots.

But yeah, for what they are electric impacts work great for wheels and such esp. if you don't have a compressor.

Complement it with a cordless 3/8 impact and your rockin and rollin.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I have the first gen orange one they sold. 4 years and still working like a charm. It has even been left in a field for a winter and found it once everything unthawed, still works!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
It's basically the same specs as the first gen they sold, and I know mine won't. Mines rated for 240ft lb's and this one you linked is for 230.

·
Premium Member
93 del Sol Si
235 Posts
One caveat on these- be sure to plug it in and try it out immediately after you buy it. I have one that would hang with the trigger in the on position, not the type of control you want out of it. I waited for a couple of months to use it (didn't have the time!) & didn't get the "warranty", so returning it was a no-go. No biggie, just took it apart and cleaned up the surfaces to make it work without sticking. Still, I shouldn't have had to do it on a NEW tool!

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
i dont have the HF one, but the one i bought in a pinch was from vato zone. rated the same tq.. bought it and a extension cord to zap a crank pulley bolt back in in the parking lot of an arco 3 hrs from home..

been using it ever since.. and there isnt anything its met that hasnt came undone. *axle nuts, crank pulley bolts. ect ect.

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
i might try one.
my Kawasaki is good for engine tear down but no match for teh crank pulley bolt.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
I'd have gotten one this past weekend had I been near a HF. I ended up getting a Milwaukee 1/2" cordless. Way more expensive, but, it was what I could get to do the job done.

For $35, I'd get one. Geez.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts