Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are all 2.5" 5 bolt downpipes the same? because ive seen on some made for b16 and b18 and some for d16 and d15 are they all the same ? because they look the same to me just different price. Im lookinf for a down for my d16z6 i just want to know if any 5 bolt pattern would fit?

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
ebay right...??? some of the bolt holes dont line up
this is true.
but they will still work if you drill out the wholes a bit. and yes they should all be the same.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
chances are that the flange will not line up.
you need to cut and reweld the flange im betting.
the motor on it has nothing to do with it. but there a million different ways it can not fit. every turbo on every manifold will put the flange and downpipe in a different position.
understand what im saying?

·
Registered
90 civic si
1,536 Posts
yea just order from go autoworks.. let greg know your setup, he has a lot of manifolds etc he should be able to hook you up.

what manifold are you running? passagner or driverside dump? ac?

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
I've never had any mail order downpipe fit right, even from a good shop (Kteller 15g downpipe). It's going to need tweaking anyway if you want a nice fit, so you may as well grab an ebay one for a basis for a custom dp and have an exhaust shop finish it up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Since adding a turbo to a car that was not turbo from the factory is considered custom, even a bought downpipe will have to be pulled, pushed, or welded. Seems like a pain, but it really is not most muffler shops can fix it up real quick. I've even used hangers to hold my pipes together so I could drive it to the shop lol.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts