Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time Ive done this on a Honda. Main question concerns the fan switch. Is the fan switch also connected to the A/C compressor. On my 91 Hatch DX I have 2 fans sitting on the radiator. I think I only need to remove the driverside fan to remove the compressor. Do I need both fans or can I get by with just one. Any help would be great.
Dog

J

·
0 Posts
You can discard the additional fan that is wired up to the a/c it only turns on when the a/c is on to make sure the engine doesnt suffer from the added heat that is being expelled into the engine compartment. You should be fine with the 1 fan. Or if you want for added cooling (maybe needed if you intend to road race or frequent track day the car) you could rig it to turn on at the same time as the main fan, thus increasing your cooling capacity

-Juan

·
Registered
910 Posts
The fan switch is seperate. The first fan to come on when needed is the passenger side fan, so the other one i say you dont really need. Ive been fine with just one. Depends on climate and how/where you drive. I think you just need to remove the driver side on to get everything out, i dont quite remember.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
1,903 Posts
separately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts