Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching through all posts with dsm 450 in the heading for power range and I see many different answers from 250 hp as high as 350hp. According to my injector flow chart there flowing 455 at 32.6 PSI . My power goal is 275 whp.

Will these injectors be enough?

what's the highest rail pressure I can safely run them at? None of the post I came across mentioned the fuel pressure that they were runing...

Fuel pump is a walbro 255. I'll be upgrading my turbo to evo 3 TD05H-16G

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Normal fuel pressure is around 42 psi. So you might pick up a bit more Cc in flow.
and if you do the injector Calc it comes up with
275 hp at flywheel needs 541 Cc injectors.

And it looks like the 450 Cc max out around 225hp.
I do know it depends on the tune, some run leaner then others, some max out the duty cycle.
When it comes to injectors I'll rather have more then I need

·
Registered
382 Posts
From what I've seen people get 300whp out of them but are close to maxing them out, and I don't know what fuel pressure they were running. If you want you can get some new ones from Hiprofile pretty cheap.

·
Registered
382 Posts

·
Registered
6,365 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
I've got some RC 440cc (currently sitting and waiting to go back on the car) I've been asking my tuner this question every so often when I drop by. He's confident that I can hit 300 ish whp with those.

I know that doesn't really answer your question but they are similarly sized injectors.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm trying to avoid having to get another set of injectors + getting them serviced if my 450's with higher fuel pressure will be fine.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
I'm trying to avoid having to get another set of injectors + getting them serviced if my 450's with higher fuel pressure will be fine.
yea i hear you on buying doubles.
The best thign to do is run it and see what they max out at.
If your just a bit shy of your goal you can run a higher fuel pressure.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up getting a sweet deal on a set of RX7 ( FC ) 550's for $80. I just hope everything turns out good when I send them out to get serviced...

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
If the 450's flowed 455cc at 32psi, that means ~525cc at 43psi. That should be sufficient for 275whp at a relatively high (but safe) duty cycle. In all the cases I've seen with DSM450's, 300whp is around the max you want to try. If you want the most from them, use an OEM GSR fpr (5% flow gain) or an adjustable FPR - just don't use the cheap china crap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts