Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im planning to turbo my D16Y7, and ive been looking for injectors and i found these "410cc RDX injectors" on ebay, and I was wondering how I can install them on my motor. I found some top hats for those injectors that are meant to make them fit, so is that all im gonna need? maybe different connectors?

·
Registered
6 Posts
How much are they on eBay? For real rdx injectors it looks like you just need new top hats and the correct plugs to clip into them. I am also building a turbo d16y7 and will be going with decaped LS style injectors. They are rated right around 800cc and only $100 for 4 of them, don't think they need top hats so will only need new plugs that you can get online or at a junkyard off any Chevy LS vehicle

·
Registered
201 Posts
What power targets are you shooting for? You need to size injectors based on what power level you want.

Use a horsepower calculator that many aftermarket fuel injector providers have on their web pages to properly gauge what size injector you might need to reach your desired power level.

Here's one from Fuel Injector Clinic: https://fuelinjectorclinic.com/hp-calculator

Enter:
- # of cylinders
-Your deadhead maximum fuel pressure under regulator closed/WOT conditions (normally 43-45PSI for most OBD1 Honda's)
-The value of the injector flow rating (You would use 410 for the injectors you are looking at. You can tweak this number to find the injector size you will need to reach a power level target)
-Duty Cycle (a rule of thumb is to never go over 90% duty, your injector driver circuits in your ECU will love you for having injectors that reach your intended power level at a max of 85% duty)
-Fuel used (Choose your fuel type. Choosing E85 drops your attainable power level due to needing to flow more E85 vs E10 or lower gasoline to make the same amount of power. These fuels have different BTU ratings.)

The calculator will show you what power level a given injector size is capable of supporting.

The other side to this is that you can't simply drop in injectors without telling the ECU that you have just added larger injectors. This is where having the ability to tune your ECU is necessary.

Look at it this way, if you have an injector that is good for 150cc/min at 90% duty and the ECU is programmed for THAT injector only from the factory, then all of a sudden you plop in 300cc/min injectors.

Without telling the ECU you just did that, you have literally doubled your fuel injection rate into the engine across the entire operating range of the original fuel table because the ECU is going to drive the larger injectors in the same way as the smaller injectors.

When tuning the ECU for these example larger injectors, a correction scaler is applied across that basically implies a 50% reduction rule across the entire fuel map of the original injector on time values. This way, the ECU will duty cycle these newer larger injector 50% less that the factory ones to bring the fuel injection rates back to stock levels.

The fun part begins once you enter boost. Your tuner can then adjust the fuel tables to ADD more than stock duty cycles for a given RPM/MAP range, effectively injecting more than stock fuel levels thanks to the larger fuel injectors to meet air fuel ratio targets.

Hopefully this helps your understanding, and choice of fuel injector!

·
Registered
6 Posts
210... Hmm I'll feel like that's pretty low. I guess it would be fine if 200 was what he was shooting for and doesn't plan to ever upgrade beyond that point. Personally I'm going larger so I can retain the ability to bump up the fuel numbers down the road as upgrades and changes in my setup happen

·
Tape-R taper/driver
574 Posts
Figure out the highest HP you think you'll ever want to support for this engine/chassis and then use that number to calculate the injector size.

No reason to buy injectors multiple times when 1 size (within reason) will be able to fit all of your needs, even in the early part of the build.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You are going to need a different intake mani if you have the y7. I suggest a mishimoto but for a budget build any intake manifold with a side intake unlike the y7 vertical top intake will work

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I just ordered some decapped from huntertuned.com check them out.100shipped for 800cc they work great.hes got YouTube videos on them

·
Meat Popsicle
2,918 Posts
I get it. You're on a budget and want big injectors for cheap. Honestly, there are a lot of fakes on ebay and you generally get what you pay for. When someone sells 4x "genuine" Denso injectors with adapters for $65-100, you have to know that you're not getting legit OEM Denso units.

The Chinese will copy anything. Fuel injectors, Walbro fuel pumps, Turbos...whatever they can make a buck on.

If you can run saturated injectors and your ECU has the ability to account for fuel injector latency, there's no reason to go with anything other than Injector Nation injectors from HiProfile. He sells all the injector sets specifically modified for your application and they come with whatever adapters you need. You're also guaranteed to get legit Bosch (or denso) injectors and not some ching-chong Chinese knock-offs.

Cheap, fast, reliable. Pick two. There's a reason that saying exists.

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
Buy Injector Nation injectors (through me, if you would like to help support my business) and get yourself a drop in set of injectors that are statically and dynamically balanced and have proper injector data supplied.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts