Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What turbo would put out 40psi but still spool on a 4cylinder? I just saw 2 videos of a 800hp evo and a high hp dohc dsm and both of there boost gauges topped out at over 35psi.

·
Registered
441 Posts
and still be efficient? and on a d-series motor or a b,h or k?

maybe a GT42..I know some of the guys on honda-tech are running gt40's at pretty high HP levels as well

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
The turbo of a jet engine mabe? hahaah lol

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
post the links to the vids if you dont mind

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JG and Eagle claim there ductile iron sleeves are good to 40psi and im shure crower rods could hold the hp. I wouldnt push over 17-20 on stock or 30 on ductile iron sleeves. Wasnt oscar looking for some 5step colder plugs to run 35psi on the dyno.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
DonSaveHer have you been hanging out with Dsm'ers? it kind a sounds like. i should know they're always wanting to boost more and more. lol. one of my good friend turbo boosted his talon 32psi. and are trying to help me built my engine to be able to be boost to 20-25psi without no problem. hmm. it's a feat which is easier said then done. i should know it fucking outrageouily expensive.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea i saw a red dohc talon or something on the dyno pushing over 35psi like that evo, but then the crank took a walk and the piston wrist pin and shatterd rod exited the oil pan. I was wondering what kind of turbo could push that psi but its like those small dsm and ihi turbos can push 18-20psi but its going to be maxed out and not flowing as much air as a t3/t4 at 20psi.

What is the max efficent psi a t04e .50a/r compressor .63turbine could push ,

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
DontSaveHer said:
Yea i saw a red dohc talon or something on the dyno pushing over 35psi like that evo, but then the crank took a walk and the piston wrist pin and shatterd rod exited the oil pan.
Haha, that blows. 1st gen. 6-bolt > 2nd gen. 4-bolt

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
DontSaveHer said:
I was wondering what kind of turbo could push that psi but its like those small dsm and ihi turbos can push 18-20psi but its going to be maxed out and not flowing as much air as a t3/t4 at 20psi.

the black talon is alex the site admin of v8smokers.com a very good friend, his set up is, in his words:
10.80's off the bottle or bust bitches.
90 Talon TSi ([email protected] - OLD setup/Pump Gas) Best MPH to date - 117
FP3065, Wiseco Pistons, Manley Rods, Ported Head, Ferrea Valves, Manley valvetrain, FP2's, JM SMIM, NS Tubular Manifold, DSMLINK, Maft, PTE 1000cc's, 6pt. Cage.

the white talon is drewj site mod of v8smokers.com very good friend and helping me build my engine. his set up is:
[email protected] on t3/t4 50 trim
Turbonetics 60-1, hks 272 cams, TRE built transmission, 4 bolt rear end, Ground Control Coil-overs, KYB adjustables, FMIC, 850cc injectors, keydiver stage 3 chip, SAFC, GM-maft, tial 38mm external wastegate, Tial BOV.

M

·
0 Posts
DirtyDEF said:
Haha, that blows. 1st gen. 6-bolt > 2nd gen. 4-bolt
Uhh, if you are talking about DSM's, 1st gen had a 6bolt and 2nd gen had a 7 bolt. 92-93 dsm's had a 4bolt rear, which was the best rear, making 92 dsms the best due to the 6 bolt crank and 4 bolt rear.

S

·
0 Posts
DirtyDEF said:
40 psi on a D? :(

40 psi on a B? :)

40 psi on a K? HEHEHE.....:lol:

Exactly. I do have a d block that is capable of supporting 40 pounds of boost though. It's for sale too.

-SOHC4life

·
Registered
649 Posts
We built me cousin's DSM, I too own a 90 TSi AWD (that will also get built and modded once more money comes in). My cousin's car is fully built shortblock, head, FPS2 cams, Magnus intake, SBR intercooler, I forgot the name of the turbo but its a PTE unit very similar to the GT35 w/o the ball bearing mid section (it has 360 race bearings). My brother is tuning it using DSMLink and it should be really to be race again as soon as the tranny is repair, it broke during some 4th gear pull... the diff is a goner so is the case. Oh and will are only at 14psi and it pulls like an animal, and we still got another 15-17psi to go. :wink:

Attachments

D

·
0 Posts
DontSaveHer said:
Yea i saw a red dohc talon or something on the dyno pushing over 35psi like that evo, but then the crank took a walk and the piston wrist pin and shatterd rod exited the oil pan. I was wondering what kind of turbo could push that psi but its like those small dsm and ihi turbos can push 18-20psi but its going to be maxed out and not flowing as much air as a t3/t4 at 20psi.

What is the max efficent psi a t04e .50a/r compressor .63turbine could push ,
Depending on what kind of wheel it has, it'll be efficient until about 26psi. But it will make very good useable power at 14 or so. If you wanted bigger, let's say a gt35r, efficiency doesn't start until about 25psi+. Anything less than that and it will be a waste, you could make the same power with a much smaller turbo at lower boost levels.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts