traction bars
xtd stage 2 clutch
195-50-15 tires
or 20x8x13 slicks

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
uh there's ppl pushing 300whp on stock axles....

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know, but I read on some post that using slicks I can broke axles

Whats is the way to launch á non lsd car without braking axles??

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anybody knows who has an lsd tranny for sale??

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I´m expecting 220-250 whp´s with a good tune

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
anybody knows who has an lsd tranny for sale??
your best bet is to buy an obx lsd. Or get the honda factory lsd from the jdm trannys.............there is a thread right now about how well they hold up under 300whp. I bought an obx lsd and so far i have to buy 2 carrier bearings. so i have about $500 invested in it. and the product looks great.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
I´m expecting 220-250 whp´s with a good tune
you will still break the stock open diff with that power. ask bone................he broke 2 with an NA d-series. look into the obx lsd.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
ok e-ghey for an OBX LSD, but i've seen ppl in syracuse w/turbo civic snap axles go to advance auto/autozone get another axel and win the bracket. it's a hit or miss on the axles. inturn as to anything you buy.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
But... my tranny is gonna be damaged if I broke axles??

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
But... my tranny is gonna be damaged if I broke axles??
i think what everyone is trying to say is that you will most likely break the diff before you break the axles............ like i said, bone broke 2 diffs with NA d-series motors, and it was posted above that stock axles can handle up to 300whp. You do the math. A NA d-series motor doesnt produce anywhere 300whp and even with the NA power, it still managed to break 2 open diffs...................

but to answer your question, usually when you break axles, the joint breaks i believe. So i dont think you will hurt the tranny, unless your axles actually do hold up and they shave the spiders on the diff, or cause it to explode, which has the possiblity to hurt your tranny.

So i guess you could say that you really want your axles to break to save your tranny.

But you never know, you could go for a LONG time without having anyproblems on stock everything.......................you just never know, and thats why its best to upgrade the weaker links first, which in this case is the diff, then the axles..

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i think what everyone is trying to say is that you will most likely break the diff before you break the axles............ like i said, bone broke 2 diffs with NA d-series motors, and it was posted above that stock axles can handle up to 300whp. You do the math. A NA d-series motor doesnt produce anywhere 300whp and even with the NA power, it still managed to break 2 open diffs...................

but to answer your question, usually when you break axles, the joint breaks i believe. So i dont think you will hurt the tranny, unless your axles actually do hold up and they shave the spiders on the diff, or cause it to explode, which has the possiblity to hurt your tranny.

So i guess you could say that you really want your axles to break to save your tranny.
Got it bro, good info

I´ll try to find an lsd tranny

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
how hard is it to install a LSD into a Si trany.
how mechanically skilled are you (what have you done to your car)?

you have to be able to pull a tranny, open the case, remove the main and countershaft assembly, remove the diff, press off the carrier bearings, remove the ring gear, and reinstall on the new LSD. When you install it, you have to make sure that it is shimmed to the corrrect clearances, so you need to be able to measure accurately for clearances.

It isnt an easy job by any means, unless you have expirience with trannys. transzex could better answer your question. hes done like 7 obx installs, and probably more quaife and Kaaz.

·
Registered
247 Posts
stock axles are a cheap fuse before you fuck up the tranny

also, stock rem. axles from NAPA (175 bux) = lifetime warranty ... so break as many as you want.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am bad with tranies but it I was told it helps alot in 1/4 mile I will probably buy a tranny with a lsd allready installed.thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts