Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup fellas, I have decided I want to get another tune and turn the boost up past 10psi.

I was on ebay looking at the omni power and speedfactory sensors for $90 and I happen to see these No name 4 bar sensors going for half the price.

Im just wondering what you guys think of these, has anyone had any experience with them?

New 92 95 Honda Civic 4 Bar Map Sensor for Speedfactory Racing OBD1 Plug Play | eBay

is it worth trying to save $50 on this or just say F it and spend $90? Im guessing i should just get the more expensive one?

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
If you want to save money and you are good at soldering do a DIY 4 bar

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the replys

I figured i should steer clear of the cheap 4 bar maps.. I called my tuner today and he told me he ordered 10 of them and everyone failed lol

I have 2 extra honda map sensors.. im think im going to order one of these Digi Keys and making a 3 bar to save some money.

I know for a fact im not ever going to be pushing 30psi.. so i was thinking of just getting the 3 bar.. ive read the 3 bar has a resolution...

What one do you guys recommend 3 or 4 bar? Is there any benefits from running a map with better resolution?

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
that's all these are, it's the same freescale sensor everyone uses
The cheap ebay ones aren't a freescale sensor thou, the settings are different and they don't last like the freescales

·
Registered
646 Posts
The speed factory 4 bar works awesome my brother has been rocking one for the last year and half no issues! Btw car is a daily driver from summer heat of 90+ to winter low of -5!!!

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
hiprofile makes 3 and 4 bar map sensors. he mods the stock ones so you get the stealth look along with it. been running one for a few years now.
+2 :)

·
Registered
830 Posts
Thanks for the replys

I figured i should steer clear of the cheap 4 bar maps.. I called my tuner today and he told me he ordered 10 of them and everyone failed lol

I have 2 extra honda map sensors.. im think im going to order one of these Digi Keys and making a 3 bar to save some money.
you need a fine tipped iron low watt or you will melt the sensor they have tiny legs and are delicate,its about the size of
a Captain crunch not the crunch berries!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts