Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Hatch rally car
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because it's a race car, we end up taking the crap can rally car apart all the time. One of the bits that usually gets destroyed in the process is the gasket between the header and the collector. The ones we've been getting are coming from e-bay and are junk. They look a lot like Subaru exhaust manifold gaskets and that got me wondering if anyone knows a part number or model/year for a Subbie gasket (or any other gasket) that would be an upgrade over the Chineseium junk. Any ideas?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,224 Posts
napa sheet gasket material. cut out your own or have some laser/water/plasma cut them for you. Ive never found one that wasnt trash, but never had a problem with the ones I made from a sheet of material. less than 20 bucks if I remember too

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/FPG2499

·
Registered
91 Hatch rally car
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
napa sheet gasket material. cut out your own or have some laser/water/plasma cut them for you. Ive never found one that wasnt trash, but never had a problem with the ones I made from a sheet of material. less than 20 bucks if I remember too

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/FPG2499
Do you use some gasket goo on them or just slap it together?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,224 Posts
just bolted it right down.

·
Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '98 Civic Hatch - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
2,277 Posts
Granted, I haven't used this technique that close to the engine..but I've used different gasket makers in the past to just goo the crap out of both ends and clamp it together. And it has never failed. But I was using it in the rear..after the cat.

Ghetto, I know. But like you, my gasket had been destroyed taking it apart.

·
Registered
91 Hatch rally car
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Granted, I haven't used this technique that close to the engine..but I've used different gasket makers in the past to just goo the crap out of both ends and clamp it together. And it has never failed. But I was using it in the rear..after the cat.

Ghetto, I know. But like you, my gasket had been destroyed taking it apart.
We've done that when we had to, but it never seemed to last that long.

·
Registered
6,856 Posts
copper RTV. Its held up so many ebay failure headers without leaks after thousands of miles of abuse.

sealed plenty of leaks on flanges of ebay headers that wobbled when you tried to put it flat on the table.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts