Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been looking for a 4-1 style header to fit a dohc zc but i have had no luck the only option at the moment is a custom one but im not keen on that due to cost, is there a header from another d engine that will fit? or can be modified a littl to fit?

thanks hamish

·
Registered
256 Posts
Iam pretty sure DC sports makes, or at least made a header for that particular engine. It being a DOHC 1.6 and all maybe a header from a B16 would work?. Something to look into.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have a rare JDM ZC DOHC 4-2-1 header that I got for my 89 integra and never installed it. I'm installing my turbo now, damn I let it go to waste.

·
Registered
136 Posts
sohcnovtec said:
It being a DOHC 1.6 and all maybe a header from a B16 would work?.
Nope.

Just find a 4-1 for a d16a6 (88-91 CRX Si) and it will work. Depending on the header you will probably have to port it out a bit to match the ports on the ZC head.

Chris

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok any suggestions to what brand i should look at , porting is not a problem i would have to port them anyway because its had one very big head job , oh and yes dc sport does make a header for them its what i have now but its 4-2-1 not 4-1

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
crxrocks said:
Kamikaze makes a header for the Si which is a 4-1 design. I had one on my JRSC'd ZC.
the kamakazi 4-1 header is a power loss on a dohc zc, unless you have a supercharger.

Here's my pic that I took of a DC header for a d16a6, with the ZC gasket on it. As you can see, there's very little overlap, you do not need to port it at all, but if you're like me, you did anyway so you could be "cool"

EDIT: hey Volitech why did you give me neg rep for this useful image? That was pretty harsh :(

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that would be perfect becasue i have to port them anyway since the ports are a fair bit larger than stock , thanks man

1 - 10 of 10 Posts