Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Civic
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is supposedly a low mileage tranny i bought from Hmotorsonline with my JDM d15b. The past 2 days it has developed a slight grind when downshifting into third (slowing down). It doesnt do it slamming through the gears at full throttle, but only when slowing down and downshifting. I know the clutch is good, as are all the bearings. Besides this there are no problems or noises from the tranny. Any ideas? i dont wanna mess up my baby

G

·
0 Posts
mine does thAt too and also going into 3rd... but i dunno the dealler right now is droping the tranny to see what it is and possibly put back up new tranny. 50.000 mile warrenty...

·
Registered
1988 Civic Hatch
652 Posts
ya that syncromesh is good, i get it at a discount here (i work for sears)

C

·
0 Posts
did you say that you downshift when slowing? cuz that's completely unnecessary when ur coming to a stop and is actually detrimental to the performance of the transmission. if you need to slow down and you don't know to what speed, I'd suggest putting ur car in neutral until you get to that speed and then finding the appropriate gear. downshifting when you wanna get the rpms up to accelerate is acceptable because at least it has a purpose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts