Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There isn't a motor in my car right now. I'm really thinking about filling the motor mounts with 3m window weld, since this would be a great time to do it. Has anybody done this. Did a actually make a diff. and how the vibration, etc. . Anyway what I really need to know is about how long does this stuff take to cure??

·
I
3,984 Posts
itll tell you on the bottle how long to dry... and i have heard that the car vibrates mad nasty! all i would recomend, is that you should use the softest compound available..

·
Registered
652 Posts
my friend has one of his with a urathane insert, and he was too cheap to buy the other one and he used the windo weld
he said it made a difference, but its not as stiff as the urathane

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just picked up a can on window weld from shucks. Autozone doesn't have it. I'll post some pics later.

·
CR-Vtakin
11,459 Posts
I have done this in both my drivers side engine mount and tranny mount. I also have the energy suspension inserts in the other 3 mounts. I noticed quite a difference with this. I let it cure for 24 hours. There is more vibration, but if you dont care about that like me then you will have no problems.

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here's a pic of the front and rear motor mounts I just filled. The front looks like shit. I don't keep fucking with it trying to make it look perfect, it looks a lot better (as you can see from the rear mount). Hopefully some of it on the mount might come off once it hardens.

Hint: Removing rear mount. remove the two bolts you can see. Then hit lightly with a hammer to move it and use a u ratcher/wrench ( I think that's what there called, it look's like a ratchet but it doesn't ratchet) to remove the bolt. I'll post the results when I get a motor in my car.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts