Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yoo had a civic hx in the past , cool lil car very reliable n great on gas... almost boosted it back in the day but went a different route .. now i want some boost for the cheapest i can get it & a good platform to learn on ,i feel like that’s the d series so i signed up for this page to learn more & see other peoples stories, still skeptical if a d series would even pull on a stock 350z with minumum boost , who knows.. but i also want that ultimate sleeper look and i feel like the civic can pull that off aha still debating tho cuz i know i would need two civics one as a daily and one project so we’ll see, ok goodnight/goodmorning 😴

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Depends on what you do with the civic.

Nowdays, you can get the hood to close on a V6 swap, and the odyssey van motors are cheap as dirt

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
boosted 350Z is a pain in the dick, if not already beyond the price of buying a civic and getting a reliable turbo setup out of it.

EDIT its pretty straight forward to fix the oil overheating issue that causes the oil to be burned up so easily. Run a bottle of Lucas with your oil changes, and install a decent oil cooler. 90% of your oil consumption will be gone IF, and only IF< there isnt already a bunch of wear and tear done to it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts